Visit Key West in August for regular lobster season and enjoy Key West Lobsterfest! Events include a Thursday night lobster boil, Friday night Duval Crawl, Saturday street fair with lobster-inspired culinary creations, a free concert, and a luscious lobster brunch on Sunday. This festive feast celebrates the start of the regular Florida Keys lobster season. If you can’t make the event, scroll below and view our top picks for lobster during your Key West vacation!
Contact: 305-744-9804 or visit www.keywestlobsterfest.com
Top picks for lobster in Key West during your vacation:
- A&B Lobster House: Enjoy several lobster specialties available
- Blue Heaven: Get your claws on the Lobster Eggs Benedict for breakfast
- Hog Fish Bar & Grill: Go off the beaten path to Stock Island and try the Lobster BLT, Lobster Pot Pie, Fried Lobster Tacos, and Lobster Bisque, all in a dockside setting
- Turtle Kraals: Devour the Lobster Tail at this local Key West icon
- Rusty Anchor: Try the Florida Keys Spiny Lobster
Florida Keys lobsters, known as spiny lobsters, don’t have claws and their meat has a slightly chewy sweetness. The most popular way to enjoy lobster in the Keys is to order it grilled with melted butter or steamed and served with Cuban black beans and yellow rice. For the ultimate lobster indulgence, savor it while watching the beautiful Key West sunset with a refreshing cocktail in hand.
Tempted? Book your trip to Parrot Key Resort now to enjoy up to 15% savings.